I’m constantly getting questions about how I lost my weight the HEALTHY way, and here are some basic guidelines of what to follow!
- Eat a range of 1,200-1,300 calories each day. If you eat under 1,200 calories, your body will go into starvation mode, and when you decide to start eating normally again, you will gain it all back, and more.
- Eat every three hours to keep your metabolism moving.
- Attempt to not eat after 8, as this is around the time your body stores up fat a lot more than any other time of the day.
- Workout at least 5 - 7 times a week. A good suggested amount for normal activity is 30 minutes a day, everyday. So if you’re attempting to LOSE weight, do a little more!
- Include cardio AND strength training. You do NOT want to loose muscle. Increasing muscle mass burns fat!
- Drink AT LEAST 2 liters of water a day (about 64 ounces, or 4 water bottles). An increased amount of water in your diet can help burn fat and cleanse the body.
- ATTEMPT to get at least 8 hours of sleep a night. A lack of sleep causes stress and makes your body store up on fat.
- Don’t drive yourself crazy! Have a cheat day every so often. I like to eat a little unhealthy on one of my weekend days. It’s actually proven to be GOOD for your body.
- Don’t drink your calories! Switch out those sugar-packing, calorie-filling, and health-killing sodas for an iced water or naturally flavored water, but try to stay AWAY from chemicals. Never good for your body….
- Eat enough protein, dairy, vegetables, fruit, and carbs a day. I would suggest getting on a website called My Fitness Pal (http://www.myfitnesspal.com/) It will give you a set of guidelines and an adjusted diet plan depending on your height, weight, and activity level. You log all of your food to the last detail. It’s the best thing I’ve done for my diet yet!
- Take good care of yourself! If you’re cleansing yourself everyday, getting a lot of activities in, treating yourself to a spa day every once in a while, you’ll DEFINITElY feel more confident and happy, and it will give you a HUGE encouragement boost!
- Try to find a buddy! If you can have someone who you text or call or however you want to communicate, it makes life SO much easier to have someone support you.
- Try to find recipes for healthy eating! I’ll have a page up soon of a lot of recipes I use.
If you have any more suggestions, let me know!